WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Monday, July 3, 2017

12/8 Afro-Cuban Bell Paradiddles

I've been on the road lately and have been having fun with this little wrist twister, banging it out on drum pads in hotel rooms, quietly on my hi-hat during sound checks and drumming with my hands while waiting in airport departure lounges (much to the annoyance of other passengers...haha).

Anyways, this is a follow-up to my posts from a couple of months ago, using various Clave accent patterns combined with paradiddle sticking patterns to create interesting and musical combinations.

The following pattern that I recently came up that uses the accent pattern from the common 12/8 Afro-Cuban bell pattern, phrased using single and double paradiddle combinations:








As always, really bring out the accents to order to get a sense of the larger Clave pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment